Hi everyone! I hope you all had lovely weekends and a lovely Easter! Last week, I talked about protein and its importance in your diet. I also briefly touched on animal vs. plant based protein. So today, I want to share with you a few recipes that I’ve enjoyed that include animal or plant based proteins!
First up, plant-based protein recipes! These are either vegetarian or vegan:
- Vegetarian Italian Chopped Salad from Cookie + Kate. If you are looking for veggie-centric recipes, Cookie + Kate delivers time and time again. A great blog to follow!
- Almond Butter Tofu Stir Fry from Minimalist Baker. Minimalist Baker has nailed the method to getting great tofu. If you are leery of tofu or simply new to it, I highly recommend their process.
- Thai Pineapple Fried Rice from Cookie + Kate. I couldn’t resist! Kick up the protein by adding some chickpeas or tofu.
Next, here are some animal-based protein dishes:
- Baked Lime Chicken from Yummy Healthy Easy. I made this yesterday, and served it with some roasted green beans and some stuffing (not the greatest side choice, I know). The chicken was delicious and so easy to make!
- Unstuffed Cabbage Bowls from Skinnytaste. I made this with lean turkey instead of the beef, but it was still yummy and surprisingly filling! I actually didn’t finish the serving size because I was so stuffed!
- Chicken Soup with Spinach and Whole Wheat Acini di Pepe from Skinnytaste. I know soup season is on its way out, but this is so good!
What are your favorite protein-packed recipes? Later this week, I’ll be back to give you the low-down on two other important nutrients: Carbohydrates and Fats! As always, let me know if there is any content that you’d like to see in the future!